You get them to make a donation, (no mean feat in itself) but can you encourage them to give again? Can you heck.
Retention of new donors is a tricky one. Say you keep 20% of your new donors. You pat yourself on the back – you’re doing well with a difficult group. No. What you should be saying is ‘what on earth happened to the other 80%?’ Did they not feel their gift was appreciated? Did they think we spent their money unwisely? Did we even tell them how we spent their money? Are they (shudder at the thought) bored of us?
We all know that to grow loyal donors we need to make donors feel loved and valued. But what are some practical steps we can take to make that happen. Here are a few ideas.