It got me thinking that in a fast moving world drowned in messages, your organisation needs to have the ‘Elevator Pitch’ that everybody associated with you can deliver. What can you possibly say in such a short time (c.60seconds) that will make potential donors want to hear more?
What your "Elevator Pitch" should contain:
- A "hook" - Open your pitch by getting the donor’s attention with a "hook” which is a statement or question that piques their interest to want to hear more about your organisation.
- About 150-225 words - Your pitch should last no longer than 60 seconds.
- Passion - Donors expect energy and dedication from organisations.
- A request - At the end of your pitch, you must ask for something. Do you want their business card, to schedule a meeting, a solicitation or to ask them to get involved more?
Here are questions that will help you develop this pitch. ￼
- Why does your organisation exist?
- An organisation's mission is the single, core, solitary reason it exists.
- What’s your Vision?
- What does it do?
- How does your organisation change the world?
- How does it do it?
- Where is it going?
- Strategic Plan
- Why is it deserving of support?
- Why should they give to you instead of donating elsewhere?
- What are your unique selling points?
- What separates you from similar non-profits/charities?
What’s your elevator pitch? Tweet me some examples.